Careers at the Pollinator Partnership
Work you can believe in.
Full Time Associate Development and Program Manager
423 Washington St, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-2339
The Pollinator Partnership (P2) is a dynamic, growing non-profit devoted to promoting and protecting pollinators -- the bees, birds, bats, butterflies, and other creatures that play a vital role in maintaining the health of ecosystems and agriculture. P2 aims to create sustainable connections between people, pollinators, and plants by influencing key decision makers, enabling action through outreach, and translating data and research into action. The Pollinator Partnership works with leaders in government, industry, academia, and civil society to prioritize the protection of pollinators on working and wild lands. Please visit www.pollinator.org for more information. One of P2's ongoing projects is acting as the administrative and fiscal authority for the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC) www.nappc.org , a collaboration of over 140 different stakeholder groups working across the continent to protect and promote pollinators health.
Associate Development and Program Manager
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Associate Development and Program Manager who can administer multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. This Associate Development and Program Manager must have good judgment and take initiative across a broad spectrum of activities and situations. This position requires an independent, flexible, detail oriented and experienced individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Simultaneously, this person will be an integral part of a small, enthusiastic team in an interactive and outcome oriented office.
The Associate Development and Program Manager is a key position providing comprehensive support for the Pollinator Partnership guide of process. The Associate Development and Program Manager will provide assistance to both the Executive Director and the Program Director. This is an excellent fit for a person seeking an supportive position in the environmental field.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following and other duties as assigned.
• Support outreach by managing communications to members and donors, coordinating meetings, and managing program obligations
• Assist team members with scheduling and coordination of conference calls and meetings
• Ensure that the Director and other team members are fully briefed and prepared for meetings, events, and trips by providing or obtaining background information for these commitments
• Review all documents prepared for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and syntax
• Correspond via phone and/or email with colleagues and vendors
• Assist with program activities as needed
• Provide general organizational and operations support
• Process requests from members for educational materials
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
• BA degree or equivalent (environmental science and/or policy coursework helpful)
• Previous experience maintaining complex calendars, multiple communications, and coordinating meetings/events
• 2 years+ experience in an office administrative or similar role
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
• High degree of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience working with groups from diverse fields (education, government, science, research, non-profit, environmental)
• Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple and sometimes competing tasks and satisfactorily meet deadlines and desired outcomes
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Highly self-motivated, persistent, dependable, and self-sufficient
• Good personal and interpersonal communications skills
• Basic website editing skills/HTML and Dreamweaver knowledge a plus
• Commitment to the mission of P2
Compensation and Benefits
This position is open until filled. The expected start date for this position is September 2, 2014. The position will be located in San Francisco, California. For this position, P2 offers a benefits package and an annual salary of $35,000-40,000 depending on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label attachments with your last name.
No phone calls, please.
The Pollinator Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.